Two days in-person or six 2-hour sessions online
Fee: $975.00 USD
Who should attend?
- Information architects
- Content strategists
- Information developers for both publications and training
- Publications and training managers
This workshop is currently not scheduled. For information about scheduling this workshop, view our available course formats.
This workshop title is available both in-person and online.
Is your content ready for mobile delivery? Are you thinking about how your content will look (and be readable) on a smartphone screen?
Information developers today need the best solutions to deliver content to web and mobile devices. Yet, content is often not ready to support new delivery solutions. Information developers learn to transform content to be easily accessible, quick to read, support user goals, and work on small screens and mobile apps.
In this workshop, you learn what works and what doesn’t work. Consider:
- creating an enterprise content strategy
- understanding your web and mobile audience
- working on interface design for the small screen
- adding video
- managing effective search
- writing for mobile
Learn that mobile is different and vitally important to future customer satisfaction.
You will learn to
- Develop a website that helps customers find the information they need
- Analyze your audiences
- Develop a content home page and content landing pages
- Add video
- Support search
- Use social media
- Learn to write for mobile readability
- Gather customer analytics
- Consider emerging technologies
Online Course Required Materials / Background
- Laptop / personal computer
- Internet access
- Course is delivered using a live, interactive virtual online classroom, providing an environment for optimal learning
- 6 sessions, 1 per week over the course of 6 weeks
- Homework assignments each week: evaluating your own and assigned web sites against the strategies discussed
- Sessions are approximately 2 hours in length