This workshop title is available both in-person and online.
The Content Management Strategies workshop teaches a phased methodology for successfully adopting and transitioning to content management. In the workshop, attendees will learn the details of each phase and analyze their own department- or organization-specific requirements, using those requirements to plan and execute a successful transition.
You will learn to
- Use the information process maturity model to determine the readiness of your organization for a move to content management.
- State the business case for moving to content management.
- Assess the current content to define appropriate content to convert, reuse, rewrite, or leave behind.
- Analyze the current content and user needs to determine the required structure for their information.
- Describe the current information development process and determine what changes will need to be made to make a transition.
- List the functional aspects of the technology needed to support the content management vision.
- List and compare the different categories of tools available for information development teams.
- Define the scope for a successful pilot project.
- Examine metrics collected in the pilot project and use results to inform the direction of the enterprise rollout.
- Devise a rollout plan extending beyond the pilot/core teams.
- Develop a realistic timeline for adoption of component content management.