For information about hosting a workshop, click here.
Fee: $975.00 USD
Course Type: Online
Duration: 6 weeks, 6 sessions
Putting information on the web is not as simple as taking existing book-centric content and transforming it into HTML. Content must be transformed to be easily accessible, quick to read, interactive, and flexible for all screen sizes. The Web and Mobile Strategies workshop reviews key design considerations for moving technical content to a web-based information portal, including:
- Creating personas and user stories to describe the target audience and its information needs
- Designing attractive, responsive, and functional pages usable from any screen size
- Writing content in stand-alone topics designed for random access
- Supporting search and making information truly findable
- Adding multimedia to technical content
- Incorporating social media to both push information to and pull information from users
- Monitoring key metrics to determine your effectiveness and make periodic adjustments
- Discuss strategies and best practices for delivering information via the web on either full-sized computer screens or smaller mobile devices.
- Information architects
- Content strategists
- Information developers for both publications and training
- Course is delivered using a live, interactive virtual online classroom, providing an environment for optimal learning
- 6 sessions, 1 per week over the course of 6 weeks
- Homework assignments each week: evaluating your own and assigned web sites against the strategies discussed
- Sessions are approximately 2 hours in length
Click here to review the course outline.